Wednesday 9 September 2015

Blogger Recognition Award

I can't even believe anyone thought of my tiny little blog for any sort of award so I'm absolutely ecstatic that Aisha @ InkWellofWords nominated me for this Award.

In my head right now I'm actually picturing myself on a stage being given the award and coming up with my speech for all the people i would like to thank lol my imagination does that sometimes....

I digress, so let me continue with this award ceremony :)


Disclaimer: Prepare yourself, it's a long award ceremony

Ze Rules are as follows:

  • Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
  • Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
  • Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
  • Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! http://eveofnight.blogspot.ae/2014/10/lets-celebrate-whos-up-for-award.html 

My Story

As far back as i can remember I've always been a reader. My cousin and I lived across the road from each other, so one of us would knock on the others door on Saturdays and then go spend our day at the library. I've always been a romance reader even back then. So embarrassing, but I would lie about my age and sign up to mills and boon (and another one i can't remember the name of) for the free gift of two books - i think it was a thirty days free then if you don't want to continue you send them back - but because i didn't have money for the subscriptions i would keep all the books that were sent rather than cancel after the 30 days (sorry mills and boon, i did it a few times so i owe you quite a bit of money). During my college years I would skip a class or the whole day and spend it at the library reading, I'm surprised i passed anything with the amount of time i spent at the library. So as you can tell there was a lot of reading involved with me growing up.

Surprisingly i stopped reading as much after i moved out of my mum's place at 19. I still read but didn't spend as much time at the library and would take a very long time to finish the books i would take out from the library, sometimes they would go back late because i would forget to even read them or that i had them.

But after i got pregnant (the year of 2012) and had a lot of time on my hands due to pre-eclampsia and bed rest, I fell back in love with reading. I know this series is controversial but the series that got me back in the game of reading again was: Fifty Shades of Grey - dun dun dun!!! que the horrified faces lol - well I loved it, not as much as most of her fans. That got my feet wet again but then straight after that i read the Hunger Games and i was sold. I started getting a whole bunch of ebooks since I'm not patient enough to wait for delivery and i haven't stopped since (maybe i should replace with: and the rest is history [insert which ever you prefer, reader person].

Now for how i got to blogging. I read a book that shall not be named, that pissed me off so bad that i wanted to scream. And during my frustrations i started looking up recommendations for books that others loved that i might fall in love with also. So i ended up on goodreads and started reviewing the books i read, following that i found booktube and bookstagram. Then i thought if I'm already reviewing what i read on GD why not do the same on my own blog (well there was more to it than that but this is already soo long so....) then i can really keep track of the books I've read and what my thoughts were on them. This all happened May 2015 and my blog started June 2015.

Advice for newbies

I would say:

1. Be Yourself/Original/Authentic
It would very tempting to just look at everyone else's blog posts and try to emulate what you see and read. But then your readers won't get to know you through the words on the screen. And it will come across boring and forced. Honestly why would i read yours when your copying that other book blogger, i might as well read the other bloggers post since theirs is original and i would rather deal with one of you.

2. Vomit all Your Feels Onto your Post
Since your blogging to express your thoughts and feelings about what you've read, it's obvious you should use everything in your arsenal inc. the many feels you gained from the book. Your also promoting that book you loved or saying why you hated that other book so by throwing up all your feels al over your blog posts your helping others know what to expect when they pick up the book. If someone wants a good cry type of book then from your post they know they've picked one and the same thing if they want a comedy that will have them laughing so loud that everyone around them would want to know whats making them soo happy. 
Your doing a great service to the world by following this advice (your welcome!!)

My nominations are:

  1.  Morgan @ The Graduated Bookworm Blogger
  2.  Aizel @ One Page At a Time
  3. Donita @ My Random Book Thoughts
  4. Bec @ Book Magic - Under a spell with every page
  5. Inishowen @ Just Book Talk
  6. Christine L @ Constantly Moving the Bookmark
  7. Carrie @ The Book Goddess
  8. Brian @ Brian's Book Blog
  9. Aaron @ Dreaming About Other Worlds 
  10. Kristen
  11. Kelsey
  12. and Kayla @ One Chapter Ahead (yeah i sort of cheated with that one lol :D) 
  13. Christina @ Books Are Life 
  14. Taneika @ Flipping Through the Pages 
  15. Silver @ Captivated by the Pages 
So i feel like everyone has already done this, so if i've nominated someone who's done it. Well there's no need to redo it - I won't force you, i promise. Girl Scout's Honor (I think that's how it goes, right?!).

Hope everyone enjoys my post, ofcourse :)






No comments:

Post a Comment